Jewelry is meant to be treasured and loved each and every time you put it on. Below are a few important general guidelines to help preserve your jewelry so you can love it for years to come.
- Remember to take your jewelry off while sleeping, showering, swimming, working out, gardening, or any other activity that may cause extended wear on the piece.
- Store your jewelry somewhere safe when you take it off at night or while traveling. Its best to keep it in a jewelry box, pouch, or small box to protect it from scratches, tangles, and other damage.
- Keep jewelry away from moisture and heat. Do not store in direct sunlight or near a radiator.
- Perfumes, lotions, hairspray, and other detergents/chemicals may affect the brilliance of stones and damage the finish of metal.
- Metal will wear over time and stone settings may become loose. We recommend having your jewelry checked at least once a year by a qualified jeweler.
- To keep your solid sterling silver or gold looking its best, make a thick paste of baking soda and water and gently rub it on with either your fingers or a soft toothbrush. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry.
- Polishing cloths are also a great way to clean high polished sterling silver or gold. We sell polishing cloths at the store if you need to purchase one.
- For pieces with intricate details and hard stones, like a diamond or sapphire engagement ring, use non-detergent dish soap (ex. Seventh Generation) with warm water and a soft bristled toothbrush to gently clean around the stone setting. Rise well with warm water and pat dry.
- For a more detailed cleaning or to refurbish an item, please contact the store. Many of our designers are able to refurbish their pieces and if it’s possible, we would be happy to quote the refurbishment fee.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us. We are always happy to help!